The holiday season can be stressful for anyone and it’s no secret that mixing travel into these hectic weeks only adds to that stress. But, traveling through BGM doesn’t have to be a hassle. There are a few steps you can take before your flight takes off that can create an easy and stress-free travel experience.
- Leave early. Make sure you get to the airport between an hour and two hours before your scheduled boarding time. By getting to the airport early, you will ensure that you have enough time to check your bags, go through screening and board the plane. Give yourself some extra time so you don’t stress about small stuff that could take up extra time during this season.
- Stay up-to-date. Check your flight status ahead of time to make sure that you are still on schedule. There are a variety of different apps that you can download on your phone that will send you notifications about your flight including Fly Delta or FlySmart.
- Pack light. Although it may be tempting to pack multiple options for that family holiday party, it will make it easier to pack only what is necessary before you leave to keep your bags from overflowing. Weigh your bags ahead of time and remember, if you bring a carry-on, make sure that it is 22″ x 14″ x 9″ or a total of 45″.
- What to do with gifts. If you’re traveling with a gift, it may be wiser to consider mailing it to your destination ahead of time. If that is not an option, we suggest waiting until you reach your destination to wrap your gift or using a gift bag so that your gift is easily accessible for TSA.
- Be prepared. Make sure that you’re prepared with the phone numbers of your hotel, your car rental agency, your airline, or friends at your destination. You want to pack extra snacks, travel pillows, earphones and any other necessities you may want while traveling. Make sure that all your electronics are fully charged and packed in your carry-on.
With these 5 tips, your travel experience through BGM will be a lot more jolly and less stressful. Here at BGM, we hope that you all have a happy holiday and a great trip wherever you are headed this season.